Why work here
The team at Jensen Contract Flooring Ltd is hardworking, conscientious, skilled, and independent, and when we look to hire, we look for people who offer the same traits. We need people who are capable of working at a fast pace without direct supervision, while maintaining a high level of workmanship. We take immense pride in what we do, and you should too.
At Jensen Contract Flooring, we understand that our team is our greatest asset. We believe in continually striving to improve, which is why we offer support and training to our staff for the betterment of ourselves, our clients, and our community.
JCF offers competitive wages, benifits, paid vacations, and a work environment that strives to be personable, friendly, and functional. We strive to make our employees feel valued. Having fun and enjoying your job is encouraged and we believe that this mentality translates into a better life overall.
Positions Currently Open:
Tile Setter (NOC: 7283)
Work Location: work can be in AB, SK or BC depending on the company's projects
Type of Employment: Full Time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as Possibe
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread adhesive substances
- Set tiles in place and apply preassure to affix them to base
- Align and straighten tiles
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles
- Pack grout into joints and between tiles
- Remove and replace cracked and damaged tiles
- Determine best layout of tiles
- Reinforce surfaces or build required underbases
- Cut, surface, polish, and install marble and granite
- Install terrazzo surfaces and polish surfaces by hand or using machines
- Install precast terazzo, granite or marble units
- Estimate labour and material costs
- Work at heights
- Must be able to follow the JCF Safety Program.
- Education: Completion of Secondary School
- Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the trade required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience then a post-secondary certificate is required.
- Handling heavy loads is required
- Position requires frequent travel
Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week. We have a $3.00/hour wage increase for night work (10:00 pm to 6:00 am)
Benefits: Live-out allowance of $45.00/day and accommodation when the employee is working away from his/her home base. We also have a group benefit plan for our employees and after a three month waiting period, all employees participate; it includes health and dental benefits and life and disability benefits.
Important Information: Flexibility in schedule is required. Shifts: a standard work day is from 8:00am to 5:00pm but shifts can vary according to each work project. Overtime and weekend work are required.
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by Fax: 403.876.2554
Apply by mail: PO Box 420, 28 Main St. East, Big Valley, AB, T0J 0G0
Resilient Flooring Installers
We are looking for reliable Installers that are capable of installing a variety of different flooring products.
Specific Duties Include:
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered.
- Prep floors for installation, remove existing flooring and contaminants & patch existing floors.
- Measure cut and fasten underlay and underpadding, resilient sheet flooring, VCT, Broadloom Carpet and Carpet Tile (Perform direct glue down carpet, double bond carpet installations & outdoor carpet).
- Prepare and install Hardwood flooring.
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings.
- Conduct moisture, pH, temperature and other tests prior to installation.
- Install Carpet on walls or other surfaces.
- Employ knee kickers and other equipment to stretch carpet.
- Install resilient stair components; special effects for the visually imparied, stringers, and nosings.
- Installing materials on counter tops and raised platforms
- Ideally no supervision will be required.
- Must be able to work with JCF's safety program.
- Working hours and location will vary depending on the project.
- Travel required.
- Handling heavy loads.
- Ample room for advancement in the company.
For more information on open positions or to submit your resume, please contact us at: email@example.com